Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Welcome

Welcome all to the agricultural blog, Howlin' At The Moon. First off, I want to explain a little bit about why I began this blog and the importance and impact of agriculture on my life.
My family and I own a dairy farm of about 50 Holstein cows with a cow/calf operation on the side. Growing up on the farm I engaged in the competitive circuit of showing cattle through a youth program known as 4-H. I have been a member of the Gilby Beef Club for 8 years now and attended both club shows and the provincial show for a few years however just recently, a program known as Summer Synergy has affiliated with the Provincial Beef Heifer Show and thus is the reason for this blog. You see as a marketing competition it was asked of competitors to create an "agvocacy" blog to help educate the general public of the life on a ranch or farm and help consumers to understand exactly where their food comes from. That's just a quick explanation of an overall theme of the competition. To understand more you can do a few things, visit the summer synergy website http://www.summersynergy.ca/, or just ask me personally and I will answer you asap! So seeing as how the blog is more literally about the food I think it's fitting that the type of posts most commonly found will be those about my personal herd, and 4-H animals. I hope you find it enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment